Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Love: Stop abusing it please


Sitting with my friends cum colleagues at office, enjoying some rare leisure moments during working hours, when suddenly the topic of my never existed love story became the talking point and everyone started questioning about my lackluster efforts towards having a love story. They were curious to know what really held me back from allowing my heart to go for someone and to my surprise, I didn't seem to have an answer. What has really caused me to dream about someone but let her go at the end of the story? Is it that I always had a doubt about the existence of love or it is such a sublime feeling that I found it hard to ever believe on its existence. It is so confusing for me and was enough a reason to find me brooding over it and allowing my finger to play with the keyboard of my laptop in order to help me pouring my heart out on this space. Does love really exist and if it does, why do we behave so erratically, when it comes to accepting it?

What can be addressed as love? A group of fanatics beats the innocent people to death and justifies it by calling it their love and devotion towards culture or country, is it love? We love the martyrs but either have no respect for their martyrdom or we think that writing some pages and remembering them on national festivals is enough to salute their martyrdom, without even caring about the cause they were fighting for, certainly can't be qualified as love. We worship Goddesses, but abuses the women, is it irony or love?. We love our country and ready to sacrifice our life for it, but if someone is dying on the road, it is none of our business, so what, if a country is made of people living there and loving a country essentially means to love its people. We love pet and love eating them too. Two guys are after the same girl, one is beaten by other and other gets dumped by the girl, where is love? Please don't give a counter argument about mother's love and all, that is so pious and I don't want to touch it by bringing it into conversation or in an argument.

I may be sounding like a frustrated soul who has been defeated in love in some point of time in his life, hence questioning or criticizing everything but be honest to yourself and tell me, if I am not close to the reality? We have questions but don't want to make an effort to find out the answers for them until someone like Anna Hazare leads the way. In reality, we love being a follower and that is the only logic that defines the all saga of everyone falling in love at the tender age itself. I am supposed to be in love because my friend is in love or everyone else is in love for that matter, isn't it like following a fashion statement?

Isn't love the most abused word? Don't we use it where ever we feel like as per our convenience? Lend me some money or you are not a good friend of mine, doesn't matter why do I need it. I don't care even if I hurt your sentiments, you need to behave normally because we are room mates as if just because you are agree to stay with me, it gives me right to treat you the way I want. 

Are you finding me harsh here? But I have avoided using harsh words then how come you figured it out? Actually, you sensed the feeling associated with each words that may appear mild but are pinching somewhere. Words are hollow until unless backed by emotions and that is the point which I want to make here. Love is just a word until backed with genuine feeling and deep concern. Don't go and tell anyone that you love him/her until you mean it and likewise, don't hide it from him/ her when you know you really mean it. Else you will be on a beautiful voyage but neither will reach to the destination nor will enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment