Thursday, August 4, 2011

And they lived happily ever after

When should I get married and with whom? Isn't it the most difficult question to answer? Even the people who are reading this and already married must have gone through this trauma of pondering over it. I was so happy when I was doing my MBA without having an iota of inkling about what is coming in my way in years to come.

Couple of years, since I have started earning on my own and was hardly able to digest the fact myself that I have got into a world of economic independence, that the whole world seems to have one biggest issue to deal with and that is when is my mental independence is going to be arrested. This left me thinking about the aftermath of getting married.

A girl might be having a completely different perspective about marriages and no disrespect to that perspective, but for a guy like me, it is getting into an entirely different world. A world of maturity and shouldering n number of responsibilities. I met couple of my friends who have recently got married and was so amazed to find out how a simple word "marriage" has changed their lives completely. Those whimsical brains have got into a shell of discipline. Those late night rides on deserted roads to unknown destinations seem to be things of long forgotten past today. Life appears to have confined in 9 to 6 job and spending time with family thereafter for them.

I have always been an ardent follower of saying "live in today, past has gone and future never comes", I wonder, if I will be able to continue following it once I am married and have responsibilities to shoulder. When I have a family and dependent to take care of. Many eyebrows must be frowning at me with an urge to give gyaan about the cycle of life and the different phases that it has, but somehow this transition from single to married seems to be a nightmare to me. I have no idea, if every single guy before getting married feels the same way, I am feeling today. Please do let me know, if you are single and thinking of getting married because it will give me a feel good factor that I am not the only one who is facing this tsunami of emotions.




No comments:

Post a Comment